Acceptable Use Policy
This FARMAX - Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") applies to the use of any product, service or website provided by us (FARMAX), whether we provide it directly or use another party to provide it to you (each, a "FARMAX Service"). This AUP is designed to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations that apply to the FARMAX Service. This AUP also protects the interests of all of our clients and their customers, as well as our goodwill and reputation. These terms are so important that we cannot provide the FARMAX Service unless you agree to them. By using the FARMAX Service, you are agreeing to these terms.
If you are using any FARMAX Service, this AUP applies to you. Every client of ours agrees to abide by this AUP and is responsible for any violations. You are not allowed to assist or engage others in a way that would violate this AUP. We will enforce and ensure compliance with this AUP by using methods we consider to be appropriate, such as complaint and email failure monitoring.
We periodically update these terms and we will let you know when we do through the FARMAX My Advantage portal used to access your FARMAX subscription (if you have one), or by posting a revised copy on our website. You agree to review the AUP on a regular basis and always remain in compliance.
1. Reporting Suspected Violations
We encourage recipients of email messages sent using the FARMAX Service to report suspected violations of this AUP to us by forwarding a copy of the received email with FULL headers to support@FARMAX.co.nz. We have a policy to investigate all of these reports and to respond in the way we consider appropriate.
If you know of or suspect a violation of this AUP, you will promptly notify us in writing of the known or suspected violation of this AUP.
2. No SPAM Permitted
You may not use the FARMAX Service in any way (directly or indirectly) to send, transmit, handle, distribute or deliver: (a) unsolicited email ("spam" or "spamming") in violation of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 or any other law; (b) email to an address obtained via Internet harvesting methods or any surreptitious methods (e.g., scraping or harvesting); (c) email to an address that is incomplete, inaccurate and/or not updated for all applicable opt-out notifications, using best efforts and best practices in the industry, or (d) commercial electronic messages in violation of New Zealand’s Anti-Spam Legislation.
3. No Disruption
You agree not to use the FARMAX Service in a way that impacts the normal operation, privacy, integrity or security of another's property. Another’s property includes another’s account(s), domain name(s), URL(s), website(s), network(s), system(s), facilities, equipment, data, other information, or business operations. You also agree not to use the FARMAX Service to gain unauthorized access to, use, monitor, make an unauthorized reference to, another’s property, unless you have the appropriate express prior consent to do so. Examples of prohibited actions include (without limitation): hacking, spoofing, denial of service, mail bombing and/or sending any email that contains or transmits any virus or propagating worm(s), or any malware, whether spyware, adware or other such file or program. These restrictions apply regardless of your intent and whether or not you act intentionally or unintentionally.
4. Proper Usage of the FARMAX Service
In addition, and without limiting the other requirements in this AUP, you may NOT (directly or indirectly) use the FARMAX Service with content, or in a manner that:
- is threatening, abusive, harassing, stalking, or defamatory;
- is deceptive, false, misleading or fraudulent;
- is invasive of another's privacy or otherwise violates another’s legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity);
- contains vulgar, obscene, indecent or unlawful material;
- infringes a third party's intellectual property right(s);
- publishes, posts, uploads, or otherwise distributes any software, music, videos, or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you have all necessary rights and consents to do so;
- uploads files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another person's computer;
- downloads any file that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in that way;
- falsifies or deletes any author attributions, legal or proprietary designations, labels of the origin or source of software, or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- restricts or inhibits any other user of the FARMAX Service from using and enjoying our website and/or the FARMAX Service;
- harvests or otherwise collects information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
- violates the usage standards or rules of an entity affected by your use, including without limitation any ISP, ESP, or news or user group (and including by way of example and not limitation circumventing or exceeding equipment use rights and restrictions and/or location and path identification detail);
- is legally actionable between private parties; and/or
- is in violation of any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- You will use the FARMAX Service for your internal business purposes and will not: (i) willfully tamper with the security of the FARMAX Service or tamper with our customer accounts; (ii) access data on the FARMAX Service not intended for you; (iii) log into a server or account on the FARMAX Service that you are not authorized to access; (iv) attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any FARMAX Service or to breach the security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (v) willfully render any part of the FARMAX Service unusable; (vi) lease, distribute, license, sell or otherwise commercially exploit the FARMAX Service or make the FARMAX Service available to a third party other than as contemplated in your subscription to the FARMAX Service; (vii) use the FARMAX Service for timesharing or service bureau purposes or otherwise for the benefit of a third party; or (viii) provide to third parties any evaluation version of the FARMAX Service without our prior written consent.
5. FARMAX Trademark Use
Unless you have our express prior written permission, you may not use any name, logo, tagline or other mark of ours or the FARMAX Service, or any identifier or tag generated by the FARMAX Service, including without limitation: (a) as a hypertext link to any website or other location (except as provided for or enabled expressly by us); (b) to imply identification with us as an employee, contractor, agent or other similar representative capacity. You also agree not to remove or alter any of these items as we may have provided or enabled.
6. General Terms
If you breach of this AUP we may immediately suspend your access to the FARMAX Service. We may also terminate your and our subscription agreement for cause if you breach this AUP. You acknowledge we may disclose information regarding your use of any FARMAX Service to satisfy any law, regulation, government request, court order, subpoena or other legal process. If we make this type of required disclosure we will notify you, unless we are required to keep the disclosure confidential.
We are not obligated to, but may choose to, remove any prohibited materials and deny access to any person who violates this AUP. We further reserve all other rights.
We may update and change any part or all of this AUP. If we update or change this AUP, the updated AUP will be posted at http://www.farmax.co.nz/legal-information/acceptable-use-policy/. If you have a FARMAX subscription, we will we will let you know through the FARMAX My Advantage portal used to access your FARMAX subscription. If you do not have a FARMAX subscription, we will let you know by posting the revised copy on our website. The updated AUP will become effective and binding on the next business day after it is posted. When we change this AUP, the "Last Modified" date above will be updated to reflect the date of the most recent version. We encourage you to review this AUP periodically.