Farmax is a software package, provided by Farmax Ltd.
For the purposes of this privacy statement “we” and “Farmax” refer to the Farmax Company.
The following privacy statement summarises the information we collect, how we use the information, the security precautions we take and how you can access and correct your information.
In this policy, “personal information” is defined as information about a person, whose identity is apparent or could reasonably be ascertained from the information. “Farm data” refers to the subset of personal information that contains only the farm performance information and does not contain personal identifiers. Farm businesses owned by companies are still considered to be “personal information” due to the nature of farm business analysis.
- We will collect and store personal information about you so that we can keep in touch with you and provide Farmax software and support services.
- We will collect Farm Physical and Farm Financial information about your farm for the purposes of modelling and benchmarking.
- We will obtain your permission before we collect or store any information, whether it be Personal or about your farm.
- During benchmarking analysis, data is aggregated to protect your confidentiality and allow for accurate comparison.
- Farmax staff look at individual farm data sometimes in order to answer your questions and to validate data.
- No-one else will have access to your benchmarking results without your permission.
- If we give a third party access to your data because they are working for us, then we will ensure that they don’t use it for any other purpose.
- You can contact us to access, update or remove your data at any time.
- If you are given a username and password to access your data on-line it is your responsibility to keep this secure.
What Information we Collect
Farmax holds information that has been provided by you the farmer or by your agents (your accountant, consultant, bank etc.) on your behalf. Additional information is also collected from outside sources but only when you have given permission for this to occur.
We record contact and identification information (name, job role, address) for each farm and contact details (name, address, phone, email) for the business owners. This allows us to manage our contact with you as Farmax users, for us to communcate with you, and for your agents to identify your farm among their clients.
Farm data is collected on a monthly or seasonal basis.
This does not obligate you to have your data entered every month, but we do recommend this to get the most out of your analysis.
Financial information covers operational revenues and expenses.
How We Collect Information
We collect contact information from your consultant or directly from you when you register. In some cases farms may be created in Farmax without registration for the purpose of processing in-house statistics, or to encourage clients to join. In these cases no owner contact information is stored and no farm data is included in any data extractions from Farmax.
Information for the physical aspects of your business is collected directly from you, either by your nominated agents or by a Farmax representative.
We may collect information about you when you deal with us over the telephone or send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email). This may be stored if it relates to the Farmax Software or support services that Farmax provides to you.
How Farmax uses your Personal Information
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- To meet our contractual obligations with you. (which may include seding your details to credit refererence and fraud prevention agencies)
- If you are a customer located in the European Economic Area ("EEA") our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information is on of legitimate interest, as customers,business collaborators or potention users of our services.
- To provide you with farm analysis reports
- To provide benchmarking information on reports
Data is aggregated within Farmax for the purposes of producing benchmarking data. This maintains both confidentiality and a minimal level of statistical relevance.
Farmax staff members occasionally view client reports for the purposes of answering your questions, or for data integrity purposes. No-one else can view your reports or data without your permission.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves the contractor handling personal information we hold. In these situations, we prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it. We will not disclose personal information to external parties for other than Farmax business unless legally required to do so.
Access & Correction of Information About You
You can update your personal or farm contact information by contacting the Farmax Helpdesk. You can also view the farm data that has been entered on your behalf.
We will, on request, provide you with access to all information we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the National Privacy Principles.
Keeping Your Personal Information Up To Date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it.
You can view your contact details yourself through your Farmax login. We would encourage you to keep these up to date. You can update your personal or farm contact information by contacting the Farmax HelpDesk.
Your farm data is validated when entered and then committed as final. If you think that it may be incorrect and would like to update it then contact the team at Farmax to review it with you.
You can have yourself and/or any of your farms removed from our database at any time.
Transfer of Information Overseas
No individual information from Farmax is transferred overseas.
Information generated from Farmax data, such as research reports, may be posted on public websites, but this will always be aggregated data.
Your Rights in relation to personal information
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the email or postal address below. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and will notify you of the action we have taken.
Privacy complaints about our acts or practices may be investigated by the Privacy Commissioner who has the power to make a determination.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement as requirements or the law change. Please visit periodically to ensure that you have our most current privacy statement.
Our Contact Details
PO Box 1036
Online Security Information
On registration you receive a username and password. You are responsible for keeping this secure and Farmax recommends that you change your password periodically.
When you log on the Farmax system, a secure server is used. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through this web site. We make no warranty in respect of the strength or effectiveness of that encryption and are not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of the information you provide.